27 April 2014

Canton-I: JB City Square

Canton-I, specializing in flavours from the region of China - Canton is part of the Dragon-i Group.

They have a branch in ION Orchard which I've tried once long time ago.
The roasted pork was so (sinfully) gooood and the pork porridge with dried oyster was surprisingly delicious!

Canton-I

ION Orchard
2 Orchard Turn #03-14 S238801

I had lost the photos due to some phone backup errors previously :(
But no worries! Upon knowing that there's a branch in JB City Square, we decided to take advantage of the good exchange rates and as an excuse for a weekend "getaway" by paying a visit to the Canton-I in Malaysia.

The interior isn't as intricate and unique as the branch at ION Orchard.
Still, the cheery pink and white combi makes me very happy ^^
Should I have a pink room like this for my house next time? lol.



Deep fried beancurd with pepper and salt.

This is a MUST HAVE!
Though deep fried, it is not oily at all. The skin is so thin and crispy that you wouldn't feel guilty at all for eating soon. Sooner than you will realise, you would have already finished the entire plate (oops, me la me la).


The inside so soft and *healthy*


Abalone porridge which is very good too!
But not much ingredients in it. I would prefer Ah Biao abalone noodles anytime! :P'''


The pork belly is slightly different from Singapore's.
Not as crispy :(


Dimsum were pretty much average, except for the salted egg yolk custard bun.









:P```

Ginseng wolfberry aloe vera drink, very yummy!


Here's a piggy bun which looks so cuteeee. But we were too full to stomach any more food.
Til the next time!



Canton-I

Lot J1-22 & J2-31, Johor Bahru City Square, 
106 & 108, Jalan Wong Ah Fook, 80000 Johor Bahru

2 comments:

  1. Mouth watering goodness! I am SO going to chiong right down to this place. I should think that the JB branch has better dim sum (biased)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, but the Singapore branch has such yummy roasted pork! <3<3

      Delete